Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dear Washington

Dear Washington,

I am a spouse to a wounded worrier who has been apart of the fight in Operation Enduring freedom. He is still on active duty after having a titanium femur and hip. He is still in the fight because he believes in keeping America safe and fighting for freedoms of all.

Your choice to shrink the military to the smallest it has been in decades makes me infuriated and sad. I am infuriated and sad to think that the men and woman who choose, I say choose because we are not in a draft, to protect America's freedoms are getting cut. They are getting cut from something they love, believe in, and put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into. They are no where near compensated for their time of service or dedication.

You are choosing to cut the size of the military to work on "technological advancement". Who is going to run all of the technology? Who is going to update all of the technology? Who are going fix the technology when it's not working? Who is going to fight a war? Don't tell me you think that a computer is going to fight a war. Who is going to protect our own land? Is technology going to protect the United States from being attacked? Is technology going to make the other countries feel safe? Is technology going to stand up to Terrorists?

I am sad for my family. My family bleeds Military. We love having our hero wear camo. We have made scarifies in regards to my career, my children not having a "hometown", my son moving 5 times by the time he is 3, having to make friends every 2 years, having to attend new schools every few years, having to pack all of our belongings regularly. We wouldn't have it any other way!

As a wife, I have seen my spouse go through things no spouse wishes to see. He was shot when I was 8 months pregnant. I had to see him go through surgery, trying to manage pain, side effect of drugs to help his pain, nightmares, PTSD, survivors guilt, feeling of being unappreciated, learning to walk, bearing weight on his "new hardware", PT everyday, pschy appointments regularly, having to relive what happened that day every time someone asks, not being able to remember our sons infant stage because he was on so many prescriptions to manage the pain. I saw him fight, I saw him never give up, I saw him rehab in order to be able to get back in the fight. The military runs in his veins and he was willing to do anything he could to return to the fight. He has returned to the fight and is trying harder than ever to do his job and to be the best soldier he can be, just so you can say, thanks but no thanks. So you can tell all of the soldiers in his position that while we appreciate you and your brothers, some giving the ultimate sacrifice, we're going to go in a different direction.

You are going to cut him? You are going to cut thousands of soldiers who have this same fight? You are going to leave our security up to what? Technology that has no love or fight for this country.

I wish your heart was in the fight like all of our American Soldiers!

Thanks for nothing, Washington!

No comments:

Post a Comment