Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Friday, November 15, 2013

Deployment

No, don't worry my husband is not deploying (although he'd love to). My dear friends husband deployed today. As we were texting back and forth, she was telling me how Actress like she was being, got me thinking.

I so quickly flashed back to the day jimmy deployed. I know many other military ladies have been through many more deployments than I have, you still feel those raw emotions when it is brought up.

I remember I had taken off the day from work and the day after. He was scheduled to leave on a Thursday and I thought that I wouldn't be any good to work the day after.

In true Army fashion on Wednesday night they pushed the leave date to Friday. Alright, we got one more night together! Deal.

Friday afternoon they move the date back to Saturday. Now the emotions are getting crazier as this is our first one and we are psyching ourselves up for him leaving so I'm not to pieces.

I drove him and his friend to the company area and waited around for them to walk over to the motor pool. I was feeling pretty proud of myself and I wasn't even tearing up. I said goodbye and drove myself to the PX to walk around until they actually loaded the buses thinking that I might get a call saying that they pushed back the leave time. I bought a bag of peanut M&M's and then left the px as soon as I knew they were on their way to the airport. I swung through the drive through at the Burger King on post and Headed home. All the while not even tearing up. Yes! I am a beast.

Oh, btw, nothing like eating your emotions. Am I right ?!? (a whole bag of M&Ms and Burger king- no wonder I got fat :))

I made it home, walked in the door... made it about 4 steps into the living room and LOST it. I was back up to the wall, slid down the wall like in the movies and refused to go any further into the living room. I sobbed for a good 20 min. Then I got mad that I was crying and told myself to suck it up and continued into the living room. I made a little nest on the sofa for myself of blankets and pillows with comfy clothes (thinking there was no way I was going to be able to go to our room and sleep by myself). I turned on chick flicks and sad moves so that I could cry about them because I was certainly not crying because MY HUSBAND LEFT FOR WAR. Dramatic enough?!? Probably.

I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of How to Lose a Guy in 10 days. Woke up the next morning on the sofa and felt hung over from the crying/drama fest the night before.

About 4 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I blame all of the sobbing and drama on the hormones. Certainly wasn't because I had only been married a month a half when my husband left for WAR! Ok, drama done :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gracious. I cannot even imagine! I practically reacted the same way when Will left for five weeks of Field Training. (In my defense, I had just taken the bar exam...) Anywayyy, not looking forward to deployments. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa- There is nothing like it. However, you will love your community and the girls that stick with ya! Let me know if you have any questions (i'm sure you have pleanty of friends to add to advice) about on/off post, pre-natal things, ect.

      Delete