Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pay Day

Pay Day is the most dreaded day as a wife anyone in the military. I understand and feel for the people that live pay check to pay check. I do, It it sad to me that people either run out of money (because soldiers are paid nothing) or spend all of their money and can't pay for anything until payday.

I remember when I was at the Drs. for my first pre-natal appointment and they asked me if I had signed up for food stamps and wic yet. Me, being me, said "Oh my goodness, no I didn't know I was supposed to" I proceeded to ask "How to go about doing that? Does everyone do that?". I mean, I knew that I worked and made more money them Jimmy but then again he was deployed so I thought I was missing something.

Oh, nope! not missing anything. The nurse said that lower enlisted families all have to sign up for these because their spouse doesn't make enough in the army. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They go to war, die, get injured, have serious mental issues that their families deal with and they can't buy food or children's things because they don't get paid enough. That is down right disgusting! It made me mad. It also made me so sad for those families. I know the stress of deployment, I know the stress of falling apart, I know the stress of being with a wounded soldier, I KNOW the stress of PTSD. To add the stress of not having money or needing food stamps make me sick.

Ok, now back to my original thought. I HATE payday! You can not go anywhere without lines out the door or no space to walk up and down the aisles and the commissary. You also cannot go to walmart, both of these stores are sold out of everything by 2pm and you wait an hour in line just to get checked out. However, I need to go to the grocery store sometimes around payday. I have it down! You go the day before payday! Why yes, beat the crowds, the stores fill their shelves in anticipation of payday and there is not a soul in the store. They all have to wait for tomorrow.

My friend and I even have starbucks down to a science. We must go before 10am on payday because those going shopping stop there first so we get up early and beat the paydayers!

Off to the grocery store Jameson and I go today! Tomorrow is payday :)

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys and your truth and amazing strength.As my mother used to tell me, " you come from a stock of strong women", we always find a a way to adapt, master or manage probleems. A great sense of humor never hurts too and you rock that kiddo! Thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete