Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Thursday, April 10, 2014

M.O.H

Recently we had the privilege of taking off to the East coast for a 2 week vacation. It was lovely. I will recap our vacation a little later.

During our Vacation we got to hang out with dear friends. I left home when I got married to follow my husbands career and love doing that. However, I left behind the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. I have known all of these friends since elementary/middle/high school. They are the best.

This particular friend, though, I didn't know at all!

I'm not really sure how it all happened but it happened FAST! We went from not knowing each
other to me being her Maid of Honor in .02 seconds.

I had seen her at a few young woman's retreats I had been too and I knew that we had mutual friends, but other than that I had never talked to the girl. (Now I know where Jameson gets his lack of stranger danger ;)) I also knew that my brother knew her boyfriend and I had met him once.

Fast forward to when they got Engaged (don't really have to fast forward it was less than a year from when they met) I had met her for the first time and hung out with her fiancé for the 2nd/3rd time.

Obviously, this is the point that I decided that since she didn't have family that lived in the area I would take on throwing her a bridal shower! (riiiight, don't know her at all but am throwing a shower and playing games like - "How well do you know the bride?") It went smooth. I was pretty proud of throwing my first shower for a stranger.

Fast forward to planning the wedding time. She cornered me at the Navy/Notre Dame football game to ask me to be her Maid of Honor. She obviously did this for three reasons 1. All of her friends were in the Navy and stationed around the country, 2. I can't back out in person and 3. She clearly thought I had fantastic planning skills (Wedding Shower = top notch wedding planner)

I kid, I kid. I was happy to take on this roll and help this poor Naval Academy grad who had been surrounded by Men for the past 5 years :)

We had a short time frame to plan the wedding so naturally, we decided best we would just do sleepovers like middle school 3 times and the wedding would be planned. Mission Accomplished!
I did find it prudent to opt out of a Maid of honor speech of how long and sappy we were as friends seeing as we had 4 memories as friends thus far.


People would ask me how I knew her at the wedding and it would go a little something like this "Well, I met pat once, I didn't know Kate, but my brother definitely knew pat"

Moral of Story. Doesn't really matter how long you've known a person but the memories you cultivate and that you keep in touch regularly if you are not close :)

We all have become fabulous friends and they are the best people EVER! We sooo loved catching up with you and Jameson loved playing with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment