Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Road Trips!

I like to think that I've grown in my road trip abilities.

While in college it started with a prompt leave time - no later than 7am. EVER! No stoping unless someone was barfing, bleeding, or dying. Orrrrrrr you need gas! The game of the road trip was to see how far you could get without stopping and can you beat the time of arrival given on your GPS. I could have gotten many a gold medals for those games and could definitely tell you how long you have after your gas light goes off until you needed gas.

Road trips more than 7-8 were always something that I needed to pump myself up for. I needed to get some good snacks, some quality caffeine, and a good mixed Cd. I still played the same games but occasionally would make a pit stop for the night at my Aunts house for some down time and let's be honest, who doesn't love stopping at Aunt Mons.

My sweet Car has over 90,000 miles on it. Purely from Road trips. It has made more trips to North Carolina and Ft. Benning then I can count. It has made round trip trips to Louisiana. It has moved us from MD to LA, LA to DC, DC to LA, LA to GA, and GA to IN. It has now made quite a few round trips back and forth from IN to MD.

On the trips from IN to MD (If I am riding solo with the littles) I will pitt stop for the Night in PA. Its just the right amount of time in the car for the littles and just enough of Raffi that I can take.

Well, we decided to make the full road trip from IN to MD yesterday. With the husband coming with us I was totally down since I knew I wasn't the one who would be driving. And really, what is 10 hours in the car with the littles?!?! BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The trip started much later than my normal 7am. We got on the road around 12:30pm. By 3 I knew my chances of having Jameson nap was ZERO. Mollie luckily napped for about 2 1/2 hours. That is the nap that counts for sleeping at night anyway. I knew things were going to get interesting when we ended up in a dead stop traffic jam. While my husband was getting frustrated and said "Sweet Jesus", as we saw all of the miles of back up, Jameson decided to shout "No Jesus, Jesus loves us". Cue the side eye from mommy to daddy and then the instant laughter. As we found an Alt route and went right around the mess we decided to stop. I got Mollie out so she could stretch a little and she let out 7 of the loudest, manliest burps of her life. Now, usually I'm not one to talk about my sweet daughter burping like a man, however, this indicates that Mollie's having some stomach issues and things could get a bit dicey later. It could include, constant high pitch screaming that can only be stopped by getting her out, screaming every time she tries to fall asleep because it hurts her but she passes out from crying, or PROJECTILE VOMIT (and lots of it).

Oh yes, about 2 hours after we had stopped I hear a strange noise coming from Mollie. I thought maybe her and Jameson were making faces at each other. I loosened my seatbelt, lifted myself, and wiggled up in the seat enough to turn around and see over the edge of her seat. As I looked down all I see is violent throw up launching to Jameson's car seat. It. just. keeps. coming!!!! She then starts to choke on said throw up. (Thank goodness for the weight I have lost). I threw off my seat belt and wiggled myself to the back seat. (No one can fit between the two carseats- no matter how skinny you are- so I am sideways with my head touching the dealing and my one leg over top of jameson's lap) Jameson decides this is the perfect time to play and comment on my shoes "Mom, your shoe is on my leg. Mom, your shoe is dirty"I got back there just in time for her to look at me and continue to violently throw up all over me (and her carseat that I had washed 2 days before :))

I was pretty confident that Jimmy was going to throw up by the time he could stop the car. The smell was foul. I also found it necessary to identify all of the food that she had eaten that day. "OMG jimmy it just keeps coming. I don't think she's breathing. No, she's breathing but that was a WHOLE blueberry, Ahhhhhh she ate a whole lot of corn at lunch. Can you believe full corn kernels. OMG Whole black beans! Oh Jimmy this is gross. Oh gosh, it just keeps coming." I'm not really sure why the poor guy was gagging. We got to a gas station and got mollie out. Jimmy starts to gag and has to walk away. (Not to mention 2 older women standing across from the car whispering- I was pretty sure child services was going to be called) I have mollie in the turnk, taking her clothes off in 30 degree weather to put her into warm, dry, and clean clothes. Jimmy is gagging and scrapping the lunch and breakfast out of the carseat. Jameson was singing to Raffi, unfazed by the whole episode. We let mollie chill for a few minutes and then decide to get back on the road. Luckily, that was the height of the excitement and they both fell asleep promptly at 8pm.

I still beat the GPS's ETA!

No comments:

Post a Comment