Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Monday, March 3, 2014

Haters, gonna hate

Maybe someone can explain it to me? Maybe I just don't understand?

Why? Why the the constant war? Why all the bashing, judging, and  comparing?

Why the war against ourselves? Why the war of Women vs. Women?

I am a huge participant of the hate speech to myself. It needs to stop. NOW! I'm not making excuses but it has finally eaten me alive. Why do I have such hate speech to my self about the way I look or my weight, or how good of a wife or mother I am?

Today in particular was a hard day. Mollie was up last night screaming for a few hours, Jameson was up at the crack of dawn, Mollie refused naps, Jameson had accidents, my kitchen floor has food constantly ground into it, I'm exhausted for almost an entire YEAR of not sleeping through the night, and I have been doing two a day workouts and dieting to lose weight. I wasn't drowning today, I was just flat out laying on the bottom.

Then I saw a whole article on how all of these magazines and pictures are all airbrushed. Why are they freaking airbrushed? Why do you have to portray something that it's not? It made me mad. It made me mad that things like this put these terribly unrealistic ideas into women(and men) heads.

Please believe me when I say, I am not saying it is ok to be unhealthy and it is not ok to be killing yourself by being so healthy. But why can't society focus on being healthy. Why can't we have celebrities look like they look in magazines and pictures as long as they're living a healthy life style.

If I wasn't already upset here is the jist of a facebook post of an acquaintance(not speaking to me directly)- REAL Army wives are 200lbs. Eat a carrot and go for a walk for cryin' out loud. Do it for your families at least. If you are fat you probably have high blood pressure, cholesterol, ect.

Whoa buddy! First of all, I have not had ONE Army wife/Military spouse friend who was grossly overweight. In fact, I was the only one who was grossly over weight. My issue with the post is, Why do you need to judge or comment on someone's weight? Why do you feel that it's as easy as eating a carrot and taking a frickin' walk? Let me just tell you, I have eaten a carrot and taken a frickin' walk and I was still 300lbs. Thank you very much! I know it was unhealthy, I understand I was putting myself at great risk for other health concerns. However, you tell me exactly how you would have reacted and done things in a situation like mine. The first thing I have done when I have been out of said situation is get my health back on track, but honestly, that's none of your business. You don't know what anyone is going through or has gone through. So why tear people down?

I just don't get why we can't build each other up. I just don't get why we can't have a community of women who are supporting each other and encouraging one another. It may have to do with the fact that while you are working to get healthy you feel alone or isolated sometimes but lets join together and encourage and support and share what we know of how to get healthy and where to start and continue.

I'm thinking of starting a # on IG. To encourage, support, and bring together women. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment