Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday

I really looove Lent. I also loooove Easter. I love everything lent and Easter stand for. I find it much easier for me to really reflect and prepare my heart for Easter. I tend to think its' because all through lent you do not have the constant run around and craziness that comes with Advent and Christmas.

This year I decided that I was going to delete social media from my phone. I generally use it during down times and times when I need a "brain break". I really think deleting it will help me be present with my kids and husband.

As you all(probably) know, Mollie has proven to really be my sandpaper smoothing out my rough edges that need working on. The sleepless nights and unpredictable crying spells really has helped me work in my patience and survive off of little sleep. I DID NOT realize how often in the middle of the night I surf Facebook and Instagram while i'm rocking her so she will sleep, rocking her so she does not wake up the rest of the house, or wide awake after I have been up trying to comfort her for hours and now that she's asleep I'm wide awake.

I realized how often last night. I started my lenten scarifies at approximately. 12:01 am this morning. I was up rocking mollie and went to grab my phone to keep me awake and realized I had deleted all of the social media off my phone before I fell asleep. I then realized that it was the perfect time to start praying and planning and figuring out ways to make our days much brighter, our house more organized and tidy, prayers for all my dear friends and families going through things or just because. It really did become a peaceful time. (Not to mention Mollie was asleep :)) I fell asleep around 3 am and Mollie woke up to PARTY at 4:30am. Again, dying while having her play downstairs I went to flip through my phone to stay awake and dissapointed again. Now I had to be present. Although she started crying and continued for a good 3 hours I was able to be present with her and get her and Jameson dressed to get our ashes at 7:30 this morning.

We will not talk about how mass went.

Jameson cried all morning at the drop of a hat, ate me out of the house, and yawned while demanding "NO NAP!!!" ( No one had told him to take a nap) Here are the top 5 reasons my son was crying this morning.
1. he could not eat raw ground beef for a "nack"
2.He pooped and it smelled "yuck"
3. Mommy turned off the TV and he wanted to
4. Mollie touched him
5. Mommy put his jacket on "but moooooom, it not brrrr in here it warm"

Thank you children for making sure I can try my hardest to get to heaven today :)

Time for a weekend away! We all need a little change of scenery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment