Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Thursday, April 24, 2014

First Birthday

My Sweet Mollie on her 1st Birthday!
April 23rd Marks the end of our sweet girls 1st year of life!
What a crazy, fast, fun, challenging year it has been.
If you follow me on facebook or Instagram you know of the craziness that has ensued since this girl was born.

My sister was in town as we waited for this girl to make her entrance into the world. I was soooo uncomfortable the last 2 week or so, and since we didn't know anyone who could take care of Jameson over night, we had my sister come and join us and kept our fingers crossed that Mollie would arrive while she was still there.

Going into to the final weeks with Molls, I had some consistently unconsistant contractions. The Dr saw me at 37 weeks and swore that she wouldn't see me for my next appointment because I wouldn't make it that far. Totally jinxed it and I showed up to my next appt. The Dr. said that because my baby was soooooooooo big they wanted to induce me at 39 weeks. I was totally game. I had been induced with Jameson and was fine with that, exceeeept, the date of my induction would have been April 28th. This is the day my husband was shot. I really felt like it would be such a weird and conflicting mix of emotions to have our daughter born on that miserable day. My sister and I decided to look up ways to naturally induce labor in hopes of not making it to April 28th. These included getting on all fours and having my 2 year old jump on my back and swing my hips back and forth. Bhahah you can just imagine a beached whale swinging their hips with their baby on their back. Then we decided that maybe squats was the way to go. I decided it would be prudent of me to drop like it was hot in the kitchen for easier clean up. I showed up to my appt and the Dr was sure I was not making it past that day. She suggested we take a long walk. My sister and I loaded up and headed to the Mall. We walked quite a few laps and then I needed to call it. I was not feeling great and we were headed for lunch and nap time for Jameson. We made lunch and I was feeling some major contractions. I decided they were from being dehydrated and put Jameson down for nap. All through nap time I had those contractions coming but I could still function so they had to be false. About 4 hours later I decided to mention the contractions to Jill. She looked at me like I was the dumbest person alive for waiting that long and We better just go to the hospital to make sure.

Of course, this would be the day that my husband had his first day of Captain Career Course.

I arrived at the ghetto hospital that I was delivering in and showed up to Labor and Delivery. They asked If I was in Labor and I told them I thought I was. Well, apparently they don't believe you unless your dr sends you in labor or your water has broken. So there I wait. I finally got back to triage and they hook me up to monitors and explain that I "thought" I was in labor so they were going to go check on everyone else. When they came back they had to apologize because they left me sitting there for a looooong time while the contractions registered every minute. Yes, they were coming every minute with no breaks in between. At this point I figured I should call Jimmy and let him know.

I'm going to skip over some details of waiting and listening to rap music to make it through contractions before the epidural. Let's just say... thank you to Pitbull and Luda.

Miss Mollie arrived into the world at 2:30am and wiggled her way in. They told me to push once and then yelled to stop immediately. The nurses and Drs were laughing too hard to tell me what was happening but when they all wiped the tears from their eyes they told me that she wiggled her way into the world cheeks down.

I should have known her personality from the start ;)
Also, for those of you wondering here is the tutorial for the cake :)


Here is a sneak peek from her big girl room 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment