Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Psych Ward


The casualty assistance hotline calls you every 8 hours to update you on your soldiers status. They will call no matter what. If there is no change they will let you know and if there is change they will let you know any steps you need to take or what to expect next. They will call on the dot! Not before not after but on the dot every 8 hours.

They had called to let me know that they were working on the tarmac on keeping Jimmy's blood pressure stable enough to fly from Germany to the States. As long as he gets on that flight he will Land at Andrew's Air Force base and will be transported to Walter Reed (D.C). They told me he would be going to ward 64 and I could call them to find out when they accept people to visit ect.

As a panicked wife who was less scared now, and more excited I called over to Walter Reed. I got the operator and requested Ward 64. They transferred me. The man picked up and as my voice was shaking I said "My husband is on a flight from Germany and I was wondering if I could come as soon as he landed to see him. Where should I go? Do you accept visitors?" He paused a moment and said " Ma'am, is your Husband being committed?" I said "Say that again" He replied with "Ma'am this is the psych ward, is your husband being committed?"

I replied "I don't know, it's a really long flight from Germany, soooo maybe?!? I don't know they just told me this was the ward he was going to" The poor man asked me some questions and about 3 questions in he realized they told me the wrong ward and he'd be going to the Orthopedic Ward which was ward 54. He happily transferred me over to the Orthopedic ward.

They had a whoooooole lot more information for me. I was able to see him as soon as he was admitted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment