Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Taking Advantage

Catholic University





Although I do complain about Walter Reed, it really has been the best place for my husbands specific needs. Walter Reed offers a variety of activities for the wounded soldiers to participate in. I have been blessed and also have been able to take advantage of all they have to offer. For instance, this veteran's day we were invited to eat lunch with the Redskins Alumni, do the coin toss at Catholic University's football game, Thursday we were invited to a benefit dinner for the Yellow Ribbon fund (one of my favorites... look it up), Friday we went to a Redskins practice and a meet and greet with all of the players, Saturday my husband was able to attend the Maryland vs. Notre Dame game. My husband also gets to go to New York city for a taping of David Letterman and A tour and class on Wallstreet. The foundations that does these includes The Wounded Warrior program and the Yellow Ribbon Foundation. Wounded Warrior Project         Yellow Ribbon Fund

I also need to give a shot out to my dear friend for bringing me clothes. We were only supposed to be here, max a week, so I only packed for a week. Yes, that means only one pair of jeans and 2 pair of yoga pants. I'm pretty sure I could have dressed up the yoga pants but then I'd be competing with my cousin Anne for fashionista of the year award.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU! You can dig(and we know I mean really dig) in my closet anytime!
    Real World: Walter Reed Fashion Show.

    ReplyDelete