Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

crafting crafting organizing cleaning crafting

The title pretty much sums up the reason why I have not been blogging. I really do enjoy blogging and think about it all the time but man, crafting, cleaning and organizing have taking over the Dut household. The husband has had off last week and this week. It has been wonderful :) We have had lots of family time. Little Jameson just keeps getting more adorable as the days go.

We decided to deep clean and reorganize the whole house. We have a 2 story, 2 bedroom town home so not that bad however, quite an undertaking. First step: WE BOUGHT A DYSON! (my mom will be so proud we bought a new vacuum cleaner) Second step: Buy shelves for garage and organize all of Jimmy's army business. Third step: Clean and organize both bedrooms upstairs, vacuum, deep clean, and decorate.

Let's expand on the Third step. Jameson's nursery has furniture in it.... but that's it. Every night as we're reading our bedtime story and look around and shake my head. This poor kid could have something visual in his bedroom. We're not poor, I have a wall sticker, I do want to decorate. First project for his room is to put up the wall sticker we have, paint a canvas with a J, and add photos! (Doing this tomorrow)
Our bedroom is sad and pitiful. Nothing on the walls, jewelery everywhere, and plain ol white walls. We don't even have curtains. That is despicable. We've been here for over a year and I was here for a while by myself. Yesterday I light a fire under my butt and we're on the upswing. I will be painting our monogram for the wall, hanging pictures, and hanging a decorative place for my jewelry. (Will happen tomorrow)

Please stay tuned for pictures of both rooms. The garage has been Jimmy's project and he is so stinkin proud. It looks phenom! Posting picture tomorrow for sure. By Friday our whole house will be done! Looking forward to showing it off and all of our DIY secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment