Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Moms....

So, I watched this lovely link posted on Facebook this morning and it paired with some conversations lately, got me thinking... Stop the Mommy Wars

I was referred to as a "Super Mom" the past few weeks in a condescending way and want to clear things up. I'm far from a "Super Mom" and I am a bit offended that someone would say that in order to put themselves down. I am a "Mom". I am being a mom the best way I can and somedays I fail terribly and some days all of us are crying when my husband walks in the door and some days I rock and some days I rock until I fail or fail until I rock. Please don't refer to moms as super moms but perhaps a mom that you look up to, or a mom that fails with so much class that when you fail you wish you had that much class. But really, stop wishing you were someone else. Just wish you were the best mom you could be that day and that's pretty much all we can ask for. Most days we need to get on our knees and beg to be the best mom we can be that day :) Here are some confessions:

1. I HATE breastfeeding. The first time was such a stressful scenario and unfortunately it was tears and "i'm a terrible mom and I can't provide for my child" and drs apts with infections, ect that twisted my arm to switch to formula. I tried it again the 2nd time and, lets just say... it hasn't worked for my family. I'm not against and every other day wish it would have been easy and perfect for our family. Reality check: It wasn't. Doesn't mean it won't be.
3. My kids watch TV
4. They have eaten processed foods.
5. I bribe them
6. I cry *sometimes :)
7. I get frustrated
8. Jameson already walks to the steps to sit on them before I say something when I give him  "the look"
9. My house generally looks like a tornado came through
10. We stay in pjs all day sometimes
11. Occasionally we all take naps in mommy's bed
12. I cherish the days I am home with my kids
13. I think they are adorable
14. My kids are smart
15. My kids are my world
16. They make me want to be a better person and fix the world
17. We have dance parties
18. to rap music
19. I think all of my dear friends are the best Mommies and I wish we were closer to go through these stages together. To laugh and to cry.

I love being a Trophy Wife aka Stay at home Mom because that is where God has me at this season in my life. I love having a messy house if that means my kids had a blast that day. I love crawling around in forts and roaring (until someone gets scared :)). I love being me as a Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment