Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Friday, February 7, 2014

Weekend away

My husband calls one day and says "Cait, there is a weekend at a Great Wolf Lodge- I don't know what that is- anyway, do you want to go? Oh never mind, its only for people who have come home from deployment- Oh, never mind, we can still go. Do you want to go?"

Clearly my sweet husband was reading the email while on the phone with me. I obviously had quite a few questions.....

What is the weekend for? Whose paying? ect.

Turns out the weekend is a Marriage retreat hosted by the Army. And yes, they are paying. They also will provide child care. Sounds like a deal to me. When you live away from anyone you know, you don't tend to have date nights/dates ever!

I was reading the original information sheet and get this, there is a dress code. You heard me! A dress code. I by no means was going to look like I just woke up, but a dress code? Oh dear!

Business Casual. I am NOT ready to have to have make up, hair did, and real clothes on for 4 whole days. I just don't think I have it in me. ;) Also, I just don't have clothes.

Remember the two times I've worked since getting married(and fat). Right I was pregnant those two times and definitely do not fit into my pre marriage work clothes. Boooooo! That means shopping this weekend. Booooo! Look for my Instagram next weekend for my actually dressed like a real person!

2 comments:

  1. Is it the great wolf lodge in cinci? A good friend of mine's husband is in the guard and they went to a retreat there and she said it was amazing. I hope you guys have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed! We are waiting to get our final schedule to see if we have any time. Perhaps a meet up? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete