Military, fave five, tots, recipes, crafts, style

army (3) moving (1) self (3) tots (2) wounded warrior (1)

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day of Love!

Valentine's day. I'm not quite into it however, since having children I am trying hard to be into every holiday and create our own family traditions. I also like setting standards for things. For instance, Christmas we set a present limit to ourselves children and from others.

Jimmy and I have been together for 9 years this year and thought I'd put forth some effort. For Valentines day,  I really wanted to hone in on our Love languages. My mom had recently given me a book about love languages and the military. Very interesting read! My husband's love language is words of affirmation and so I've been all over Pinterest trying to find the perfect thing for him. I found that perfect thing. It's the open when.... cards. All this week I have been writing special things to go in each one and to make them my own with things he'd appreciate. Here are my open when envelopes.
want to know my dreams for the future
need a reminder of what makes you a great dad
need a reminder of why you love me
 need a reminder of why I love you
need a reminder of why you joined the Army (if you're a military spouse you know why this one is included)
 You are feeling insecure
You are missing me
You are missing the kids
you need a laugh
You've had a bad day
You can't make a decision about something
You need motivation
Now, I'm not a lovey dovey writer nor am I a feelings kind of person sooooo this proved to be a little hard to start but I love the way they came out. A confession: all them have humor in them. I tried hard to be serious but sometimes I couldn't help it ;)
a little #tbt for you 


No comments:

Post a Comment